RCAF Station Vulcan



Description

RCAF Station Vulcan, also referred to as RCAF Aerodrome Vulcan, was a Second World War flying training station located southwest of the town of Vulcan, Alberta, Canada. It was one station of many that were established in Canada under the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan.The Vulcan aerodrome was officially opened on October 30, 1942 and hosted No. 2 Flying Instructor School (FIS), which had moved to Vulcan from Claresholm. The aircraft used were Cornells, Cranes, Fawns, Finches, Harvards, Oxfords, Tiger Moths and Ansons. In April 1943, No. 2 FIS moved to the Pearce aerodrome near Fort Macleod and No. 19 Service Flying Training School (SFTS) took over the facilities, training future bomber pilots using the Anson. No. 19 SFTS ceased operation on April 14, 1945. Relief or auxiliary landing fields were located at Ensign and Champion.

Parking

Lot Parking No
Street Parking No
Valet Parking No

Places Nearby


Misty Spruce Farms
PO BOX 365, Stavely, Alberta T0l 1Z0
Agriculture Company

Lambtastic Farms
P.O Box 1537, Vulcan, Alberta T0L 2B0
Farm, Grocery Store

Battleground Fitness
216 Main Street, Brant T0L0L0
Gym/Physical Fitness Center, Personal Trainer

Privacy Policy