Box19 Group 12 RR 1, Anola R0E 0A0
|Ranger Firearms Training of Nourse MB Provides courses in the Canadian Firearms safety and Hunter Education courses|
|Canadian Firearms Safety Course
The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) was developed in partnership with the provinces and territories, national organizations with an ongoing interest in firearms safety, and many firearms and hunter education course instructors from across Canada. This course was developed to meet the mandatory requirements of section 7 of the Firearms Act.
The legislation stipulates that individuals wishing to acquire non-restricted firearms must take the CFSC and pass the tests. Individuals wishing to acquire restricted firearms must take the CFSC and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) and pass the tests.
Topics covered in the CFSC include:
• The evolution of firearms.
• Major parts.
• Types and actions.
• Basic firearms safety practices.
• Operating firearm actions.
• Safe handling and carry procedures.
• Firing techniques and procedures.
• Care of non-restricted firearms.
• Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user.
• Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.