5-21 HM Tory Building, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H4
|"True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice." - Martin Luther King, Jr.|
|Criminology - UofA was founded in 1982|
|To be eligible for the BA (Criminology) program at the University of Alberta:
• You must be eligible for admission to the Faculty of Arts;
• You must have completed one year (30 credits) of approved university study; and
• You must have a minimum GPA of 2.7 on the most recent 30 credits of approved course work.
• Submit a completed application on line or through the Office of the Registrar by the annual deadline (March 1).
• Submit the following to the Department of Sociology: a personal resume; two letters of reference attesting to your suitability for work in this field; and a written statement of career objectives, indicating your areas of interest.
|What does the Criminology program offer?
• Academic study of crime, criminality and societal responses to criminal behaviour
• Two dynamic field placements with criminal justice agencies
• Sociology as the subject of concentration
• Interdisciplinary second subject mix of courses from diverse disciplines
• Research possibilities with respected and knowledgeable faculty
• Relevant employment opportunities
• Networking with practitioners and potential employers