1322 Central Ave., Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 4W3
|The CMHA PA Branch is a non-profit community based organization that provides educational workshops for the community as a whole as well as programs for people coping with mental health issues and illnesses.|
|CMHA VOCATIONAL WORK PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
• Nest Drop In Center is designed to be a safe, secure, happy place for our participants to gather on a regular basis. They are able to interact together, providing support and company to each other. We have up to 60 people visiting our drop in center on a daily basis. There are up to 150 people making use of the drop in center on a monthly basis. Over the course of a year, there will be over 9600 visits to the Drop In center.
• Nest Lunch program is located within our drop in center. We provide a meal to all our participants for a minimal cost. This lunch is often the only meal our participants may eat during the day. There are as many as 30 participants eating each day. There are as many as 80 people eating on special occasions such as Easter and Thanksgiving. We will serve over 7800 meals in a year.
• Support program provides specific and personal support for those participants who are trying to make the transition from living in a care home environment to one of more independence. We work to assist and encourage the participants to master basic skills important to living independently.
• Homestead Quilting program consists of a group of participants who manufacture patchwork quilts to be sold as a source of fundraising revenue for all of our programs. We recycle old clothing by cutting them into squares and new material cut into squares to be incorporated into patterns for the manufacturing of the quilts. The quilts are designed and completed solely by the participants. They have been sold across Canada.
• As Good As New store program sells quality used clothing gathered through donations and on consignment. The proceeds from the sales contribute to the programs and overhead for all of our programs. The availability of quality used clothing for sale at very low prices is vitally important to many people who are not in a position to purchase brand new clothing at extremely high prices. We always welcome clothing donations.