Aubigny, Manitoba


Description

Aubigny is a small, unincorporated community in the Rural Municipality of Morris, Manitoba, Canada. It is located approximately 31 kilometers south of Winnipeg along the Red River, at the junction of Provincial Road (PR) 205 and St. Mary's Road (PR 246).The Aubigny post office was opened in 1885 and the first settlers, all of Québécois-heritage, came from Nashua, New Hampshire. Aubigny is still a mostly French-speaking community that consists of several homes and a Roman Catholic church. The bridge over the Red River provides primary access to Aubigny as it links the community to Highway 75 two kilometers to the west. Prior to the construction of the bridge in 1966, the traffic was shuttled across the Red River by the Aubigny ferry.The Provencher School, operated by nuns from the Sisters of Holy Cross order, served the area from 1898 to 1968.


Places Nearby


Privacy Policy